Lindsay in Europe and Beyond

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cuba - Reading week!?!?

So... I will start off by saying I am sorry that this will be a very blah post because I have no pictures to put on. I "left" my camera in Cuba...which was not on purpose. I thought I had it with me and then I discovered on the bus ride back to Havana that I had no camera. If any of you know me well you will be very surprised that I would misplace my camera because I love taking pictures and when I travel my camera is a lot like my child...so I was freaking out on the bus and until I found out that Maikel had my camera because I left it in his dad's car.

So now I can tell you my adventures...and there were many!!!

Getting to Holguin was an adeventure on its own because I had to take one flight to Havana and then connect on the national plane to Holguin...well I got to the national terminal and found out that my flight reservation had been cancelled and no one could tell me how. It took me almost an hour to find out that it has been cancelled which was no fun. Then I was the only non-cuban in the airport and I had to get some more money to pay for the new flight, since mine no longer existed....which was $100 but my card was not working in the machine and I could not take money out....I only had a limited amount of money with me cause I hate travelling with money but luckily I had enough to pay for the flight....so I eventually got there, expect it was 3 hours earlier then I told Maikel I would get in which was the second problem....

Maikel was going to be picking me up from the airport, so I tried to call his neighbours house to tell him that I was going to earlier, but he was not at home so I left a message, and then I tried to call again when I landed in Holguin....eventually I was so tired from travelling all day that I decided to take a taxi to the hotel....after a few hours maikel showep up at the hotel because he went to the airport to look for me since he did not get the message about me being early......but it all turned out ok and things were going well....

I was able to meet his whole family which was a great experience and I love them all because they were so nice and welcoming...this was one of the most magical weeks of my life and I wish I could relive it again....I miss Holguin and Maikel a lot but I will never forget the experiences I had there!!!!

Te extreno mucho!!!!
(again, I am sorry about no photos...never got the memory card :-()

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home