Lindsay in Europe and Beyond

Monday, October 02, 2006

UK living!?

Canterbury Christ Church University!!!
This is my new university! I enjoy that there are buildings that are this cool. These are the old front gates of the university. They are not used very often now but they are open during the day and you can usually go in and eat your lunch or hang out in the courtyard as long as you have your student card to prove that you are studying at the university!


The buildings for the university are all over the city since there is no longer enough space in the univeristy itself. It is a pretty small campus so it is nice and homey! This is a pool to tell you where the building you are looking for is located. It's nice to have a sign post to make sure you are going in the right direction. There is one thing that makes finding the right room a little bit of a challenge. Here the call the ground floor-first floor and the first floor (in Canada) is the second floor so everything is a little mixed up. I am not sure if that makes any sense but it didn't at first for me, but now I have it under control.


This is the refractory (or the cafeteria) where we can get really cheap and GOOD meals. I am surprised how good the food is here. There is nothing like pita pit or anything but there are chefs there making hot meals all day and they are delicious!!!

The student union building. Not as exciting as the UCC at Western, which I miss! But it is nice. The drinks are usually pretty cheap and it is a chillin' place to come with friends after a day of classes.



The university wall!!! This is a part of an old wall that you can see from some of the classroom windows. It's really nice. You will look to one side and see a very modern building then you will turn your head the other direction and there will be an old city wall or building there. I love all the culture and the history that is surrounding me here!!! I hope you can all come and visit!!!

This is my new home! I hope that you enjoyed it. It is slowly beginning to feel like home, even though nothing will take the Western out of me!!! I am still and always will be PURPLE AND PROUD!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home