Lindsay in Europe and Beyond

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Canterbury


So my new home is starting to actually feel like home now. I am getting adjusted well to everything here. It is so different than at home but yet it is the same thing?! Kind of weird but I am finally starting to feel like less of a tourist, which is a good thing. For all my UWO peeps the campus is nothing like home and I am missing the atmosphere from home. The one good thing is that classes are usually in the same room all day and the campus is super small!


Here is my room. It is not like my room at home but I am trying to make it as much like home as possible. It is nice and cozy, those of you planning on coming over will get to see how cozy it is!




Last week there was a Japanese night at the student union and some of the Canadians decided to go and check it out. It was actually a lot of fun. We ate some japanese food and played some games. It was nice meeting some other people from school.



This week was the first week of classes so it was nice to start getting in a routine because up until now Monday it felt more like a vacation than my new life. Classes are really good and my tutors are really nice. I have two groups for school, which means only two classes. It's nice except they are all day, usually from 9am-4pm. One group is professional studies which focuses more on general teaching strategies and there are people there who are going to teach all different subjects. Then I have a subject studies group with focuses on MFL (Modern Foreign Languages). Both my groups are really good. The people are great and the classes are really good. They are taught through activities and discussion so it is nicer because no one is lecturing to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home