Lindsay in Europe and Beyond

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Oxford UK

Saturday Sept 16 I went to Oxford with some of the other girls from school to see the sights as well as shop a little bit. Yes, I mean a little bit, I only bought a pair of shoes and a t-shirt. It was really nice to see this beautiful city. We had a tour of Oxford university and I was surprised how old this university was. The earliest written proof it was an educational institute was in the early 11th century. There are over 20 colleges that make up the university itself and we visited Christ Church College, which is the biggest and also where some of the filming took place for Hogwarts (in the Harry Potter films) took place. We were able to see the dining hall which was used as the idea for the dining hall in the movie, as well as the courtyard that was used for filming as well as the staircase where the first years met Prof McGonagall.




We also were able to walk around the city was well which is beautiful. I am loving seeing the new and old architecture mixed together. We were only in Oxford for a limited amount of time so I am sure I missed a lot and I would love to go back to see the things I was not able to see this time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home