Lindsay in Europe and Beyond

Monday, February 19, 2007

Seville

Seville was probably my FAVORITE place in Spain! I loved this city and I want to go back soon!!! I arrive in Seville around 12pm and then walked around to find my hostel. I was happy to find my hostel and meet some people. I dropped my things off at my hostel and then went out to explore. This was one of my must see cities on my trip and there was so much I wanted to see. I will try to do this magnificent city justice!

This is the entrance to my hostel. The hostel was located around the corner in an ally way but it was great inside with a great patio on the roof!
My first day in Seville was jam packed with things to do. I went into the Cathedral and the Giralda. This is the entrance to the Cathedral. Can you see all the detail which has been put into this, it is unbelievable.

This is the Giralda which is the tower of the cathedral. I climbed all the way up this to see the view from the top which was great. You could see so far away. The weird thing about climbing up the tower was that there were no stairs, only ramps. The ramps went around the outer sides of the tower so you were constantly going around in circles and there were numbers on each full circle of the tower. I think there were something like 47 entire circles, therefore 188 ramps. It was ok, and it didn't take that long. After the Cathedral I continued to the Real Alcazar, which was once a kings palace. The scenery was gorgeous and I am sorry that I cannot include photos on here but I can show you some if you let me know you want to see some.

I decided to do these two things on my own because there were certain things I wanted to see and do and sometimes when you have other people around you cannot always do what you want, plus I was on a limited time schedule. I arrived back at the hostel around 6pm and met some of the people on the rooftop. I met two girls from Oakville who were travelling around, as well as a guy from Australia, and some girls from the US. We all decided to go and get tapas and then go see a Flamenco show.

We went and got some great tapas, with chorizo!!! and then even were tempted into tasting some orange wine which was an experience. It was really strong but it was good. Then we were wandering around trying to find the bar which had the flamenco show. We went in and saw the dancing. It was a nice small bar and the entertainment was great. We had a great night and ended up back at the hostel late at night!

The next day I decided to take one of those open top double decker bus tours around to see all the sights and decide what I wanted to spend my last full day doing. I decided it was going to be a super full day! I took the bus around a whole loop and then got off at the Plaza de Espana. It was funny because I went alone again and said I would meet up with the girls from the hostel later in the day. BUT...I found everyone at the Plaza. Here is a picture of some of us! Me, Lauren (canadian), Tristan (australian) and Rula (american), Jaclyn (canadian) was not in the photo because she was taking it but she was there as well.

We spent some time walking around and then walked back into the city. Since they had not seen the cathedral they were going to go there and I decided that I was going to go see the bull ring and then the house of Pontius Pilot. Here I am in the bull ring.
After my busy day we had another great night getting tapas and relaxing. I loved Seville and I wish I could have stayed there longer. I left Seville early the next morning to head to Granada which was my next stop on my adventure.

Muchas gracias Sevilla por todo!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home