Lindsay in Europe and Beyond

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Amsterdam Nov 11-12, part 2

Our bus tour continued and we went to visit this windmill. It was really old and nice. It was so big. I knew they were big but this was insane, and this wasn't even a really big one! The tour went all around Amsterdam and there was so much to see...too much to include on here but I can assure you that it is gorgeous. I loved going here!


Angela and I had a lot more time after the bus tour which ended at 12 (noon). We walked around a little bit and we decided to visit the Heineken Museum ( the post will come after this) which was a lot of fun. Then we walked around Amsterdam a little more. The buidlings are all so big here. After the Heineken Experience we went to the Anne Frank museum, which is in the house where she lived and wrote her famous diary. There was a chilling feeling when you walked through the house and saw how and where she stayed. It was a changing experience.


There was time for some more tourist fun after the Anne Frank museum before we had to meet my friend Brie for the night. We wandered around some fun stores and ate a good meal at this gorgeous restaurant. I have never travelled with only th bag on my back and I felt a little under-dressed and messy going to this restaurant but the food was really good and I had a good time.

This sign says it all!!! These were everywhere along with the XXX sign. (which is the city's logo).
This is the royal palace which is located in the centre of the Dam square. It is huge and gorgeous! The architecture is amazing and it's sometimes hard to comprehend that this was all built so long ago.
NowI know you have all been waiting for the Heineken Experience to begin so I can assure you it will have been worth the wait!!! Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home