Lindsay in Europe and Beyond

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Paris - Part DEUX!

The adventure continues...

This is a photo of Rebecca, Jordan and me in front of Sacre Coeur. Look how beautiful it is!!!

When we were walking around by the cathedral there was this woman who was playing this fun instrument which plays a book of music and she was singing along to the music. It was typical French and it was great. Such atmosphere around the cathedral. It was really nice to experience this part of the French culture because it is so unique and fun.


Jordan and I posing for a photo. We both look like we haven't slept in forever but that's ok because we were in Paris. What else can you ask for. I can't wait to go back there...I am not sure when that will be but I know I will be going again so stay posted for some more adventures!!!

Our day of adventures continued when we decided to go to the cemetery...yes you read that right!!! Cemetiere du Pere-Lachaise. This is the cemetery where many notable people are buried. We posed for some continuous shots in front of this really cool tomb. There were stairs going up to it and then a place to kneel and pray inside. This is very common for the cemetery and the tombs are amazing. I was able to see Moliere, Voltaire, Balzac and Chopin...the first three most people might now know who they are but there were very important French writers so I loved seeing that history!

The one tomb which everyone wants to see when they visit the cemetery - Jim Morrison. Yes, yes, yes! Here is it!!!
After the cemetery it was unfortunately time for me to go back to Canterbury but I promise there will be more sites and more stories the next time I am in good ol' Paris!!!

Where to next!?!? VENICE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home