Lindsay in Europe and Beyond

Monday, February 19, 2007

Cordoba

Well this had to be the hardest part of my trek around southern Spain. I was alone, I was not too sure where I was going, and to add to everything it was raining and gross. I arrived around midday and I was not in the mood to go and do anything. I arrived to what I thought was a hostel looking forward to meeting some people to hang out with and do something with since I was a little down...to my surprise when I arrived at the hotel (which was an actual hotel) I got a room to myself. Weird...I had the worst feeling that this 24 hours in Cordoba was going to be the worst...
Eventually I decided, after calling home to Canada to go out and see the things that I came here to see, since I do not know if I will ever be coming back!

My first stop was at the Mezquita. It was gorgeous. It was raining on and off the whole day and it was not the best to walk around in but it was ok. I met a group of four people, two couples, who were travelling around. They were really sweet and I was able to go around with them for a little bit so that I wasn't all alone the whole day!
This is the passageway into the grounds of the Mezquita! It was beautiful with all the orange trees! I didn't try to eat any even thought they are edible because the locals told me that they were not ready yet and they were still too bitter. After seeing a girl try one I was happy I didn't. She had the most sour face. It was funny!!!
This is a picture of me (if you can find me) in front of the fountain in the Mezquita grounds.
After going through the Mezquita for about an hour I decided to walk about the city. The Mezquita was the only big thing to see in Cordoba but the city was so pretty I walked around for a few hours just taking in the sights! This is a fountain near the middle of the city. I am sure that these pictures would have given this city more justice.
When I was walking around I found this nice park which had some built in ponds with shelters for animals and birds. I thought this was a gorgeous picture showing some of the birds and the trees in this area.
Overall my trip to Cordoba was worth it and I enjoyed every minute. I am going to make sure that I am staying in hostels from now on so I will not feel so alone. I would definitely do this trip again if I had to go back in time. This was probably the city where I learned the most about myself over my travels alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home